If you have never made your own homemade almond butter…. boy, are you missing out! I tried it for the first time this past week, and it was amazing. I actually made it as an ingredient for another recipe (Chocolate Almond Coconut Bites), but I was so impressed with the almond butter itself, that it almost didn’t make it into the recipe.
HUGE THANKS to Bill and Haley over at PrimalPalate.com. I’m not sure if I can ever purchase pre-made almond butter again after adjusting their recipe a bit to the following. This was just so good!
Homemade Almond Butter
Ingredients for the Almond Butter:
- 12 oz of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (This is our favorite!)
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Three pinches of sea salt
- Place raw almonds in your food processor until they are ground into a fine meal.
- Add coconut oil but only a tablespoon at a time while running the food processor
- Continue to run the food processor until the almond butter is creamy (this may take a while, and use more or less coconut oil as needed to get the consistency you are looking for).
- Add the vanilla extract and salt/ Process for another minute to mix in.
- Pour the almond butter into a jar.
- Enjoy the tastiness!