This Paleo bacon-wrapped chicken recipe was inspired by my unending love of bacon. I have to be honest… there is rarely a time when I am not craving bacon. I love bacon. It is delectable.
Ingredients for the Paleo Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Recipe:
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (1lb.) package bacon (sugar-free bacon available here)
- healthy sprinkle of sea salt
- healthy sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 TBS. garlic powder
- 1 TBS. onion powder
- 1 TBS. chili powder
- 1 TBS. Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute* (or your favorite poultry seasoning)
- Around 1/2 C red wine
- Preheat oven to 425, and line a 9×9 baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Mix all seasonings together and then distribute evenly on chicken breasts.
- Wrap each breast with 2-3 slices of bacon, and place them in the baking dish.
- Pour wine into the bottom of the dish (it should make about 1/4 inch of liquid at the bottom of the dish). This really moistens the chicken as it bakes, and adds a tantalizing flavor!
- Bake (uncovered) for 40 minutes, or until each breast reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Helpful hint of those on AIP: If you are on the autoimmune protocol, that does not mean this recipe is out for you. Just eliminate the chili powder and Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute. These contain ingredients that are not allowed in the elimination stage of the site. It will still taste amazing!
* Additional note: Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute also contains citric acid. If you are sensitive to it or are avoiding it, you will want to leave that seasoning out of the recipe. Don’t worry. It still will be delicious.
Enjoy! We certainly did!