nav-left cat-right
cat-right

My Favorite Egg “Muffins”

My Favorite Egg “Muffins”

I have told you before how much I DETEST mornings.  I am not a morning person (regardless of what time I went to bed, or how much sleep I have had).  When I wake up, I do not feel like cooking.  Therefore, I usually try to make breakfast the night before.  This means that we eat alot of frittatas, boiled eggs, lukewarm bacon, diced chicken, leftovers from dinner, or my personal favorite… Egg Cupcakes!  They are easy to make, and SO yummy!

Click here for some other breakfast suggestions.

I have tried several recipes for these hand-held breakfast goodies, and this one is my favorite.  It comes from Paleo Comfort Foods.

Breakfast Egg Muffins

1 TBS olive oil

1 large sweet onion, finely chopped

1 green bell pepper, chopped

1 red bell pepper, chopped

1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional, but I LOVE the spice!)

12 large eggs, whisked

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/4 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Saute onions in olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.  Add peppers, and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.

While peppers are cooking, whisk the eggs in a large bowl.

Once onions/peppers are cooked, remove from heat and let them cool for a few minutes.  Dump them into the egg mixture, and stir well, sprinking in the salt and pepper.

Coat a large muffin pan with oil.  Using a 1/4 C measuring cup, fill each muffin cup.

Place in oven for 10-15 minutes.  Remove them once the tops get high, fluffy, and golden brown.

Enjoy!

13 Responses to “My Favorite Egg “Muffins””

1. Sandy says:

These are the best!

2. Cecilia says:

I have been making these for years and they are a staple in our home. Quick,easy and delicious.

3. Bethany says:

about how many calories each?

4. Denise says:

If I go ahead and bake these can I then store them in the freezer or fridge and heat up on the following days?

5. Jenn says:

Can I half this recipe? How long do they last in the fridge?

• Jennie says:

You can certainly halve the recipe… just divide the ingredients by two, and use only 6 muffin cups (be sure to add a little water to the empty 6 cups to avoid burning your pan). They last about a week in the fridge, and are excellent from the freezer as well.
      -Jennie

6. Christine Brock says:

Hi,

I have made these for the past two weeks.. and they are a life-saver! The only problem is that the eggs stick to the cupcake tin.. The first time I thought I didn’t use enough oil, the 2nd time, I caked it on! Any advice? It is a pain to scrub!

• Jennie says:

Oh, I HATE cleaning muffin pans! I had the same problem with my last pan, and I think I had put it in the dishwasher too many times, and it lost its non-stick qualities. I bought a new one from Walmart (for $12), and it’s AMAZING! I don’t even grease this pan, and the muffins/cupcakes fall right out. I don’t have a dishwasher anymore, so it is hand-washed every time. I would suggest getting a new, non-stick version, and avoid the dishwasher!
      -Jennie

7. Lia says:

How many do you eat per serving? Thanks!

8. Allison says:

Wow, so easy & yummy! Keep these great ideas coming!

9. Krista says:

I tried these today but tweaked it a bit with adding in a hot pepper instead taking out the green and red, OMG delish! This is my go to breakfast forever now. I seriously enjoyed every morsel. Thanks for this recipe!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Paleo Chuck Roast Slow Cooker Recipe - [...] antioxidant compounds called polyphenois. Additionally wine contains flavanols an anti-inflammatory properties that may help lower cholesterol and a defense …
  2. Paleo Planning - Week Two - [...] my husband and myself has been insane, so the more crockpot meals the better! My husband LOVED the egg …