If you have never made your own almond butter…. boy, are you missing out! I tried it for the first time this past week, and it was amazing. I actually made it as an ingredient for another recipe (Chocolate Almond Coconut Bites), but I was so impressed with the almond butter itself, that it almost didn’t make it into the recipe.
HUGE THANKS to Bill and Haley over at PrimalPalate.com. I’m not sure if I can ever purchase pre-made almond butter again. This was just too good…
Homemade Almond Butter
Ingredients for the Almond Butter:
- 12 oz of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- Two pinches of salt
- Process almonds in a food processor until they form a fine a meal.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil at a time, while the almond butter is processing.
- Continue to process until the almond butter is creamy (this may take a while, and use more or less coconut oil as needed to get it fairly fluid).
- Add the vanilla extract and salt, and continue to process for about a minute.
- Pour almond butter into a jar and set aside.